QuickBooks is advanced accounting software, which is used by millions of small and mid-sized businesses around the world. This software undoubtedly makes the task of managing a business incredibly simple. Although like other software, QuickBooks also receives errors and glitches at times.
Errors occur when the connection to the QuickBooks company files has been lost in a multi-user environment. However, some errors can be fixed by simply following the instructions offered by the software, and some may be intricate and unintelligible. There might be several reasons for this error to occur.
In this article, we will describe in detail the error that occurs while using the QB but first let know the meaning of Quickbooks error 6123,0.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6123,0?
When you’re using the QuickBooks company report, you see one or several of the following errors.
- QuickBooks Error 6123,0.
- The connection to the QB company file has been lost.
This error is usually seen when users try to make an attempt to restore the backup company file. This error shows up suddenly without any prior indications and hinders the company file activities. While opening a company file from the multi-user network, you might face the same error. Or this also happens when you open up the file directly from the network or restore the backup. The error message that pops up on your screen states that the problem is connecting to the server.
Causes for Error 6123,0 in QuickBooks
There are various reasons that might trigger error 6123,0, such as we’re for the inconvenience, but QB is facing a problem opening your company file. We have listed some common reasons as well.
- A corrupt data file or an invalid is the most common reason for the error 6123,0.
- If you are a user of McAfee antivirus software and the block web bugs are disabled.
- The firewall configuration blocks the main server communication port 8080.
- The error may appear if the window operating system is damaged or crashed.
- This error can also be prompt if Multiple QuickBooks database servers are running on your system.
- While trying to restore the backup from online storage or external storage device can also get the error 6123,0.
- Modified hostname
Resolving the Error 6123,0 in QB with Permanent Files.
Now it’s time to repair the error with the best permanent fixes. Starting from the QuickBooks tool hub to renaming the. Nd.TLG files, all the solutions are enough to kick out the issue.
Also Visit :Zeelase
Solution 1: Use its Tools and Access QuickBooks Tool Hub
Steps are mentioned below with proper instructions. Read the whole steps carefully for better understanding.
Step 1: To run QB Tool Hub
- Close QB software first.
- After reaching there, get the QuickBooks tool hub.exe file download. Once it is completed, save the file where you can find it easily.
- Now open the file you downloaded earlier.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen carefully and accept all terms and conditions.
- For opening the tool, tap twice on the icon.
Step 2: QB file Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool will help you automatize the scanning process and resolve the issue. The steps included-
- Open the tool hub.
- Now select company file issues.
- Now select Run QB file doctor.
- Once the tool hub appears on your screen, it will recommend you select the company file. If you are unable to locate it, use the Browse option to find the database for your company file name i.e.qbw.
- Select the option ‘check your file only’ and click on ‘continue’ to examine the file.
- Enter the admin credential, then press continue.
- Once this process is completed, the QB file doctor tool will begin to repair the file.
- And at last, select the company file and click on the ‘open’ option.
- Visit us Technoscriptz
Step 3: To Run Quick Fix my Program
Follow the steps carefully.
- After accessing the tool hub, select the ‘programs problem’.
- Now select QuickBooks to fix my program. This will take some minutes to open.
- Once this process is completed, it is time to reopen QB and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Move the Company File to Another Location.
To check whether the file path is the reason for causing the problem, the user has to transfer the file to a separate location. Steps are mentioned here.
- Open the folder where you stored the company file.
- Then right-click on the file and select “Copy”.
- After this step, make sure that you have copied the correct file having a QBW extension.
- Now copy the file into the desktop.
- After this, right-click on the blank area and click on New. then select create a folder.
- In the end, open QB and access the company’s file via the new network.
Solution 3: Restore the Backup.
- Open QuickBooks on the device, where you had stored the backup, and click on file.
- After that select ‘Create Copy’ and click on ‘Create Portable Company File.’
- After clicking next, enter the company’s file name.
- Select the location to save, then click on save, and then ok.
- Move the file where you wish to create the backup.
- Read the instructions carefully to know where you need to restore the file.
- At last, click on ‘Next’, then hit ‘save’.
- Now the file is ready to open.
Solution 4: Renaming the.TLC file and.ND file.
- Access the folder with the company’s file.
- Then, choose the appropriate.ND file.
- Right-click on the company file, select Rename.
- Now rename the.ND file as. ND.OLD.
- After this select the.TLG file and rename it.
- Rename it as .TLG.OLD.
- Access the company file.
Solution 5: Modify the Name of the Company File or Delete any Special Character.
There is a chance that you will face the error 6123,0 if your company file includes any special or unique character. Check the following points to prevent such errors.
- The file shouldn’t be longer than a maximum of 30 characters.
- Your file doesn’t include any special characters.
- Rename your company file to repair the error.
If you still face the problem, then continue with the next steps.
Solution 6: Create a New Window
- Find the option control panel.
- Click on create a new user with the icon that appears.
- Select user type administrator.
- You need to log out from your current account.
- Now restart the system and again login with a new user credential.
- Finally, access QuickBooks and the company’s file as well.
We hope that the error will be completely eradicated from your system.
QuickBooks is accounting software that manages your business tasks easily. This software is used by small and medium-sized businesses. While using the QB you may receive some errors and glitches. The most frequent error in QB is error 6123,0 which is caused when users try to make an attempt to restore the backup company file. For solving the error we have mentioned the causes and solutions as well. Read the solutions carefully to get errors completely eradicated from your system.
Also Read: Unblocked Games 911