Yet another favorite family tradition, car washing is something we do every year. The only question is, how? Now that hectic holiday schedule is over, you can reflect on what you did and didn’t do to get the best out of your car wash this season. Here’s our top 10 list of tips with which you can make sure your holiday car wash goes off without a hitch!
Touchless car washes are growing in popularity because they are more efficient and leave your car clean without the need for soap or water. The It’s Car Wash website has a search bar that allows you to find a touchless car wash near you. You can also read about the different types of touchless car washes and how they work.
Top 10 Best-Kept Holiday Secrets
One of the best ways to keep your car clean during the holiday season is by using a car wash. Here are our top 10 best-kept secrets for car washes this season!
- 1. Use a coupon.
2. Bring your own soap.
3. Let the professionals do the work.
4. Avoid using harsh chemicals.
5. Check for hidden fees.
6. Consider a seasonal wash.
7. Ask about special deals before you go.
8. Check reviews before you go.
9. Bring soft towels and rags for yourself and the car to dry on!
10 . Make sure to take advantage of all of the features at your favorite car wash!
The History of Car Washes
There is no doubt that car washes are one of the most popular holiday traditions. Whether you go with your family or go it alone, there’s a good chance you’ll visit a car wash soon after Thanksgiving. But what are some of the best kept secrets about car washes? Here are three facts you may not know:
1) Car washes have been around for over 100 years.
The first car wash was opened in Detroit in 1907 by George Schaefer. At the time, washing cars was considered a necessity because of the dirt and grime that commonly collected on vehicles. Over the years, car washes have evolved into much more than just a place to clean your vehicle; they’ve become an integral part of the holiday tradition.
2) Car washes generate billions of dollars each year.
According to The Huffington Post, car washes generate an estimated $5 billion each year in revenue. This money goes towards salaries for employees at all levels of the business, as well as marketing and advertising expenses. In addition, many car washes offer special deals and discounts to customers during the holidays.
3) Car washes play an important role in the community.
Many car washes donate money to local charities every year. In some cases, this money is used to support specific causes or groups, such as children’s hospitals or homeless shelters. It’s also common for car washes to host fundraising events in their locations; these events often include car washes as part of the overall ticket package.
What Are the Benefits of Car Washing?
One of the most popular and widely known holiday traditions is car washing. While it might not seem like a big deal, there are many benefits of car washing that should be considered when planning your festivities.
The first benefit of car washing is that it keeps your vehicle clean. Dirt, dust, and other debris will accumulate on your windows, the doors, and other areas over time if you don’t take care of them yourself. Car washes use powerful detergents and water to clean all these surfaces quickly and thoroughly. This means that you won’t have to worry about any dirt or grime hiding on your car’s exterior after the holidays.
Another benefit of car washes is that they remove odors. Whether you’re celebrating Thanksgiving with relatives who cook a lot of turkeys or Christmas with everyone staying in the same house, chances are some smells will stick around for a while. A good car wash can get rid of those smells quickly and effectively so that you can enjoy your holiday atmosphere free from unwanted aromas.
Last but not least, one major reason people go to car washes is because they think it’ll make their vehicle look better. While this isn’t always true (depending on the type of wash), most cleansers used at car washes are designed to remove build-up and dirt from surfaces including the paintwork. If you don’t want to spend extra time cleaning your vehicle before taking it out for the holidays, consider going to a car wash to get the job done quickly and easily.
How to Wash Your Car
Looking to keep your car clean during the holidays? Here are our top best-kept secrets for car washes!
- Use a bucket and sponge: Fill a bucket with lukewarm water and add a few tablespoons of soap. Soak the sponge in the water and scrub the surface of your car. Rinse off the sponge and repeat on the other side.
- Use a hose: Spray your car down with clean water using a hose. Be sure to rinse off all the suds!
- Use a drying agent: If you don’t have access to a hose, sprinkle some baking soda onto a cloth and wipe your car down. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
When Should You Wash Your Car?
There are a few key times when you should wash your car. The first is before you go on vacation, so the car will be clean when you get back. Second, if there’s any kind of precipitation in the area where you normally drive, it’s a good idea to give your car a wash before you hit the road. Finally, if there are any spills or dirt on your car that have not been cleaned up yet, it’s time for a car wash!
How Often Do You Need to Wash Your Car?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t give a lot of thought to car washing. But according to experts, it’s one of the best-kept secrets for keeping your car looking great all year long.
Here are four reasons why you should be car washing your vehicle at least once a month:
- It Keeps Your Vehicle Looking Great: Car cleaning removes dust and dirt from all surfaces of the car, which in turn keeps your paintwork clean and scratches at bay. Plus, it removes any harmful chemicals or pollen that may have collected on the surface over the course of the month.
- It Protects Your Paintwork: Not only does regular carwashing help keep your paint looking shiny and new, but it also helps to prevent rusting and corrosion. All those water droplets can work their way into tiny cracks in the metal, protecting them from weathering and damage.
- It Kills Germs: Just like you wouldn’t want to drive around with dirty windows, you also shouldn’t let your car sit around dirty – germs love to grow in dirty environments! Regular car washes kill off bacteria and other contaminants that can cause bad smells, uncomfortable seats, and even potential health problems.
- It Reduces Road Dust: If there’s anything worse than driving around with an awful smell in your air conditioning unit (or worse yet, no AC!), it’s having to drive through tons of dusty road grit . Dust and dirt collected on your car’s surface over the course of the month will eventually end up in your air conditioning unit, causing it to work harder and emit more harmful emissions.
So there you have it – four good reasons why you should be car washing your vehicle at least once a month. If you think twice about it, you might even start to enjoy the process!
Cleaning a Windshield and Other Accessories
There are plenty of car washes in the area to choose from, but which one is the best for your vehicle? Here are our top five secrets to keeping your car looking its best during the holidays: 1. Use a gentle wash. Many car washes use harsh chemicals that can damage paint and other accessories. Choose a wash that uses gentle soap and water to avoid any damage. 2. Don’t over-wash. Over-washing can remove dirt, grease, and debris that may have built up on your vehicle over time, leading to dulling of finishes. 3. Use a clay bar or abrasive polish before washing. Clay bars and abrasives help remove embedded dirt and grime from exterior surfaces. 4. Avoid using aabrasives on chrome or alloy surfaces. These materials can be damaged by abrasives, resulting in pits or scratches in the finish. 5. Let the water run clear after washing. Car Washes typically add suds and foam to their water mix, which can build up on your windshield over time and lead to water spots and streaking
With It’s Car Wash website, you can find a car wash near you. You can search by city, state, or zip code to find the right car wash for your needs. You can also see the ratings and reviews of the car washes to help you decide which one is best for you.
It’s that time of year again where we all start to get busy with the holiday rush. Unfortunately, that also means our car is going to start taking a beating. Whether it’s salt residue from the roads, dried bird droppings, or just general neglect, here are our top ten tips for getting your car clean during the holidays:
1. Start by prepping your car before you even wash it. Clear off any surface debris and make sure there are no oils or grease build-ups on the paint or inside of the car.
2. Always use a quality carwash soap specifically designed for surfaces like glass and plastic. Depending on the type of soap you’re using, you may also want to use an enzyme cleaner or clay bar to remove tougher stains.
3. To avoid streaking and water spots, work in small sections at a time and rinse everything thoroughly before moving on to the next section.
4. If your car has pet hair or leaves stuck in between the seats, try using a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool attachment instead of rinsing off every little bit — this will help reduce water waste while keeping your vehicle clean inside and out!