In the summer, it’s amazing how much time you can save by using your air conditioner to cool your home. But when the season is over, you might be stuck with a dirty air conditioning system that needs some serious attention before it can start cooling again. Learn three easy steps for cleaning your air conditioner to get you back up and running in no time!
How to Clean Air Conditioners
To clean your air conditioner, follow these easy steps:
1. Open the windows of your car or home to allow the air to flow into and out of the AC unit.
2. Remove any debris or dust from the filters.
3. Turn on the AC unit and wait until it reaches temperatures inside and outside the unit.
4. Use a hose to wet down the filters and remove all debris.
5. Replace the filters and turn off the AC unit. 6. Allow the unit to dry for at least 24 hours before running it again. Models manufactured after 2006 can be cleaned by removing the filters, disassembling the unit, and then cleaning with a mixture of baking soda and water, or any other product formulated to remove dust. www.airconditioning-cleaning.com
What’s In My Air Conditioner? Regular air conditioners use two basic types of refrigerants: R-22 and R-410A (or HCFC-22). Other refrigerants used in “non-ozone-depleting” air conditioners may produce ozone but are not actually harmful, such as CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons) which have been banned from being used in non-ozone-depleting appliances since June 1
How Often Should I Clean My AC?
To keep your air conditioner running at its best, you should clean it every month. Here are the easy steps:
1. Open the windows and doors of your AC unit. This will let in fresh air and help to remove dust and debris.
2. Use a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool to reach tight spaces.
3. Clean the coils and fan blades with a mixture of water and vinegar. Do not use any abrasive or harsh cleaners on the coils or fan blades.
4. Rinse the AC unit and components with clean water.
What To Do When It’s Too Hot
When the weather is hot, it’s tough to keep your AC on all day long. But you don’t have to suffer in the heat – there are easy steps you can take to keep your air conditioner clean.
The first step is to check your filters. If they’re dirty, your AC won’t be able to extract the dirt and dust that’s build up over time. Cleaning your filters can also help to improve the efficiency of your AC. https://www.airconditioning-cleaning.com
If you don’t have time to clean your filters, you can try using a degreaser. This will remove all the built-up dirt and dust from your AC unit. Just be sure not to use too much degreaser – it can damage your unit.
Another way to keep your AC clean is to use a damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of the unit. This will clean off any debris that has accumulated over time.
Finally, if all else fails, you can call a professional for help. A qualified technician can take care of all the cleaning and maintenance work on your air conditioner, which will make it run smoother and cooler all summer long!
Household Tips for the Summertime
Summertime is the perfect time to clean your air conditioning unit. Here are a few helpful tips:
1. Open all windows and doors to allow fresh air into the room.
2. Use a brush to sweep the dust and dirt from the inside of the unit.
3. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any debris or dirt that has been sucked up by the filters.
4. Wash the filters in warm water and soap.
5. Repeat these steps every month during the summer season.